Position Title Southern Saskatchewan Organizer – TERM POSITION
The New Democratic Party of Saskatchewan has an opening for an Organizer.
The Organizer provides support to constituencies to create effective constituency organizations and develop effective programs to support objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring constituencies have a strong committed volunteer base
- Assisting constituencies with membership and financial drives
- Ensuring effective election campaign preparation
The organizer reports directly to the Assistant Provincial Secretary of Outreach. The Organizer will be a member of a team of Organizers in the Province.
Major Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Provide services to constituencies to meet their needs to the extent that they are confident and satisfied and the Party is confident in the constituency organization.
- Assist constituencies to develop a committed volunteer base
- Assist constituencies with membership drives
- Assist Constituencies in organizing Annual General Meetings and events
- Assist Constituencies to develop an Annual Budget and Fund Raising Plans
- Provide communication on issues and strategies from Provincial Office to Constituencies and communication from Constituencies to Provincial Office.
- Provide training and motivation for constituency activists.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the Party’s annual convention.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Provincial Secretary of Outreach
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- A Knowledge is generally acquired by having at minimum a three year University Degree in Education, Social Work, Political Science or a relevant field.
- A high level of working knowledge of the party and its structure
- Knowledge of the Saskatchewan and Canada Elections Act and knowledge of the structure and operations of the Provincial and Federal Constituencies and the Provincial Office is critical
- A working knowledge of office productivity software applications and proficiency with a personal computer is essential. Preference will be given to candidates with advanced knowledge of campaign data management and/or graphic design.
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to make effective presentations
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience with organizing events or fundraising.
- Strong Leadership and team building skills
- Contacts are generally diverse for the purposes of exchanging, clarifying, and/or communicating policies and processes.
- Diplomacy, effective listening, and remaining calm and courteous under pressure are essential.
As per the collective agreement with COPE 397 the salary range for this position is $45,684-$51,384 per annum. Anticipated start date is August 8, 2016. This position is for a three-month term with the possibility of extension and is based out of the party headquarters in Regina, SK.
Submit applications by Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 4:30 pm to: John Tzupa, Assistant Provincial Secretary of Outreach, Saskatchewan New Democrats 1122 Sask. Dr. Regina, SK., S4P 0C4 or email to email@example.com.