Job Vacancy – EXTERNAL POSTING
Position Title Summer Organizer – EIGHT TERM POSITIONS (four-month term)
The New Democratic Party of Saskatchewan has eight openings for the position of summer organizer. These positions will be based out of Regina and Saskatoon.
The Summer Organizers provide support to constituencies to create effective constituency organizations and develop effective programs to support objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting constituencies with membership and financial drives
- Assisting constituencies with outreach and event organizing
- Contacting voters through door-to-door contact
- Two summer organizers will be focusing on outreach to indigenous communities and two will be given the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities in digital organizing
The Summer Organizer will be a member of the organization team working across the province and the position will require extensive travel and the ability to spend many nights away from home. The position will also require working non-traditional hours including many evenings and weekends.
Major Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To complete telephone or door-to-door contact to households as assigned;
- To assist the organizers in the support of local constituency associations;
- To assist the organizers in membership drives, PAC drives and organizing events as assigned;
- To complete data entry;
- To recruit and train volunteers to assist in data entry and door-to-door contact;
- To promote the Saskatchewan New Democratic Party;
- To represent the Party professionally;
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- A valid driver’s license.
- A track record related to diversity. Applicants should identify their strengths and experiences in increasing diversity in their previous work and volunteer activity.
- A high level of working knowledge of the party and its structure
- A working knowledge of office productivity software applications and proficiency with a personal computer is essential. Preference will be given to candidates with advanced knowledge of campaign data management and/or graphic design.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to make effective presentations
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previous fundraising experience or experience organizing campaigns or events.
- Strong Leadership and team building skills
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse contacts for the purposes of exchanging, clarifying, and/or communicating policies and processes.
- Diplomacy, effective listening, and remaining calm and courteous under pressure are essential.
As per the collective agreement with COPE 397, the salary for these positions is $2,437.50 per month. Anticipated start date is May 1, 2018. These positions are for a four-month term from May 1-August 31, 2018. These positions will be based out of Regina and Saskatoon.
Submit applications by Wednesday, March 27, 2018, 4:30 pm by email to email@example.com.
The Saskatchewan NDP welcomes all applicants and offers a respectful workplace. We wish to develop a representative workforce, and welcome applications from Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, racialized persons, women, and gender and sexually diverse persons.