The Saskatchewan New Democrats are electing our next leader at a leadership convention on March 3, 2018 at the Delta Hotel in Regina.
In order to vote to select the next leader of the Saskatchewan NDP, you need a 2018 membership. The deadline to purchase a membership is January 19, 2018.
Members will be able to vote online or by mail-in ballot.
Steve Patterson hosted the first Leadership Debate between Ryan Meili and Trent Wotherspoon on October 28 at the 2017 NDP Convention. You can watch it now!
December 13, 2017 at 6:30pm - Radio Debate on MBC Radio with a focus on Northern & Indigenous Issues (You can listen live on MBC Radio or online at: http://cjlr.streamon.fm/)
January 15, 2018 at 7:00pm - Youth Debate
(Auditorium, STM on the U of S Campus, Saskatoon)
January 17, 2018 at 7:00pm - Debate hosted by the Regina Metro NDP
(Orr Centre Ballroom, 4400 4 Ave, Regina)
February 3, 2018 at 2:00pm - Prince Albert Debate
(Travelodge, 3551 2 Ave W, Prince Albert)
February 15, 2018 at 7:00pm - Saskatoon Debate
(TCU Place, 35 22nd Street East, Saskatoon)
As of September 20, 2017 there are two candidates seeking the Leadership:
The deadline to enter the race to run for leader is January 12, 2018.
Some highlights from the rules:
- The candidate to be a member in good standing of the Saskatchewan New Democratic Party;
- The candidate to provide the signatures of no fewer than 200 Saskatchewan New Democratic Party members in good standing who support the candidate’s nomination, and who represent a minimum of forty provincial constituencies. At least 100 of those signing must self-identify as women;
- The candidate to provide a non-refundable registration fee of $4,000;
- The candidate to receive approval from the Saskatchewan NDP to seek the leadership; and
- The candidate will limit campaign expenditures to a maximum of $200,000.
Interim Financial Reports
As per the rules of the leadership race, each candidate is required to submit a monthly interim financial statement. The following information from those financial reports will be disclosed publicly on the 21st day of the following month:
i. the total amount of donations received
ii. the names and donation amounts of all contributors with total donations of more than $250
iii. the number of contributors with total donations of $250 or less, and the total amount received from these contributors
iv. information about fair market value of donated goods and services, incorporated into the categories above
The Leadership race will end with a Leadership Convention on March 3, 2018 at the Delta Hotel in Regina. Find out more and get your tickets here.
1919 Saskatchewan Dr
Regina, SK S4P 4H2
Google map and directions