- Along with their many other senseless budget cuts, the Sask. Party government heartlessly slashed over 50% of funding provided to regional libraries;
- This cut fails families- closing many of our local libraries, and hurting those that are left;
- Libraries are the foundation of our communities. Not only do they instill a lifelong love of literacy in our children, they provide essential programs and services that people, including seniors and newcomers, depend on;
- These crippling cuts to libraries will result in devastating job losses, branch closures, reduction of hours, and program cuts;
- Libraries are vital to both our rural and urban communities, and these cuts will have damaging effects on families throughout the province.