Job Title: Saskatchewan NDP Door-to-Door Canvasser
The Saskatchewan NDP is hiring term door-to-door canvassers for the upcoming 2020 election. Working as a door canvasser in either Saskatoon or Regina you will be reaching out to voters in many of the province’s most closely contested ridings.
We are looking for passionate, driven and highly motivated people who want to work to elect a provincial government that is committed to fairness and affordability for families; dignity and security for seniors; and better public services for everyone who needs them.
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: October 26th, 2020
Wage: $15.30 per hour (with an increase to $17.30 per hour once the provincial election starts)
Duties and Tasks (include, but not limited to):
- Work a minimum of three 4-9pm door-knocking shifts per week.
- Actively listen to voters
- Provide information to the voter in relation to candidate, the Saskatchewan NDP, their platform, and contact information
- Record notes via smartphone, tablet, or clipboard and paper
- Working knowledge of the English language, both written and oral
- Some knowledge of Saskatchewan NDP history and policy and Saskatchewan politics in general
- Prior NDP campaign experience is an asset
- Canvassing and not for profit experience is an asset
- Able to quickly learn new software applications
- Adaptable to changing work priorities and tasks
- Willing to work irregular hours in a hectic campaign environment
- Work outside in seasonal weather conditions
- Comfortable talking to voters at their doorstep
- Active Listener - Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Works wells with others
The Saskatchewan NDP value diversity and encourage all interested applicants to apply. We expect all of our workers to adhere to the SK NDP’s anti-harassment policy and covid-19 policy.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org