- Over 90% of Canadians agree that we need a national pharmacare program.
- Canada is the only country with a universal healthcare system that doesn’t include prescription drug coverage.
- Canadians pay the second-highest prices for prescription drugs among countries with universal medicare.
- One in five Canadians don’t fill necessary prescriptions because the medications cost too much.
- Universal drug coverage would save Canadians over $7 billion in private and public spending, with little or no increase to government budgets.
We the undersigned join the Saskatchewan NDP in calling on the Federal Government to move quickly in implementing a universal pharmacare program