- With their 2017/18 budget, the Sask. Party has eliminated funding for Spiritual Care services within Saskatchewan’s health facilities;
- Saskatchewan will be the only province within Canada to not fund this support for patients, residents, and their families seeking wellness;
- The Sask. Party hid their plan to scrap funding for Spiritual Care within Health Region facilities during 2016 election;
- Spiritual Care responds to the spiritual and emotional needs of patients and residents and provides a compassionate listening presence in times of crisis;
- Spiritual Care supports families, patients, and residents in making difficult decisions;
- Spiritual Care can provide support for all families, patients, and residents regardless of faith or belief in obtaining comfort and support.