Our Crowns can help us act to address climate change through a return to net metering and the introduction of our ambitious Renew Saskatchewan energy transition program.
What will Renew Saskatchewan do?
- Make clean energy a reality by paying upfront for everyday people and communities to generate their own clean energy.
- Lower costs by shrinking power bills and giving income to everyday people based on the excess clean energy they produce and sell back to the grid.
- Create good jobs by investing today in tomorrow's clean energy economy.
How would Renew Saskatchewan work?
- Renew Saskatchewan would be open to municipalities, reserves, homeowners, agricultural producers, businesses, developers, and industry.
- After an initial assessment to determine the best opportunity for generating energy or reducing usage, funding would be provided to cover the cost of the clean energy installation or retrofit.
- That loan would be paid back over time out of the savings on people’s bills, resulting in small savings right away and big savings once the loan is fully repaid.
Together, let’s make it happen.