For Immediate Release
September 16, 2017
NEW DATE FOR SASKATCHEWAN NDP LEADERSHIP CONVENTION
MOOSE JAW— The date of the election of a new leader of the Saskatchewan New Democrats will be March 3, 2018.
The Provincial Council of the Saskatchewan New Democrats met today in Moose Jaw where they voted to change the date from May 6, 2018.
Important dates in the Leadership are:
- Deadline to enter the race to run for leader is January 12, 2018.
- Deadline to purchase a membership to be eligible to vote in the Leadership will be January 19, 2018.
- Leadership Convention will be March 3, 2018 in Regina.
Registration to become a leadership candidate requires:
- The candidate to be a member in good standing of the Saskatchewan New Democratic Party;
- The candidate to provide the signatures of no fewer than 200 Saskatchewan New Democratic Party members in good standing who support the candidate’s nomination, and who represent a minimum of forty provincial constituencies. At least 100 of those signing must self-identify as women;
- The candidate to provide a non-refundable registration fee of $4,000;
- The candidate to receive approval from the Saskatchewan NDP to seek the leadership; and
- The candidate will limit campaign expenditures to a maximum of $200,000.
All Saskatchewan New Democratic Party members in good standing will be eligible to vote online or by mail-in ballot.